Sunday, April 6, 2008

fireweed/Far North and Hjvagar work and comments!

fireweed/Far North say on HGTV board:


Big congrats to the winners! Wow what beautiful re-cycling work on your blog! Like the others I too started out recycling due to financial need and remain dedicated to doing what I can to help keep our earth green. However with all our recent price increases more of us might return to doing it out of need. I recently worked on recycling a can for use on a card. I embossed the tin with the cuttlebug and colored it with sharpie markers and used red liner tape to attach it. It is a fast project.

Hjvagar's comment about teaching our children reminded me of my father. He was a very hard working man who was a mechanic all of life and spent many years responsible for maintaining a large lot of batteries to keep heavy equipment going. When the batteries were deemed no longer useable he was permitted to remove a silver disks from them. He saved that silver for years and when his 50th wedding anniversary arrived he sold that silver so he could buy my mother a new diamond ring. Since Mom had always managed all the money he truly wanted to surprise her and for her to once not know much he spent. So recycling can entail some beautiful love stories and be a financial valuable endeavor too!- fireweed/Far North
Hjgvar say on HGTV BOARD:
Thank you so much for choosing mine! I am so honored. I have loved your crafts for a long time and am amazed by your creativity! You certainly have my permission to use my poem and I have sent along my name and address! Thank you again. By the way - I went to your blog and loved that purse! Is there a bigger picture of it somewhere? Thanks again!
Wanted to add in about recycling:I recycle whenever I get the chance. I have been doing it for years - way before it was even called recycling lol. Back then it was 'garbage picking' but for all the teasing I took, everyone still loved getting the gifts made from it! I have neighbors that beg me for my 'newspaper cakes', my plastic containters that are repainted and repurposed, the beautiful decorations I made from Arizona Iced tea cans for my pop top belt for my 11 year old (that one was courtesy of Ennovy's ideas of using cans in my Sizzix), I could go on and on but I think when you have children and grandchildren, you need to recycle. They need a cleaner place to live and taking things out of the landfills helps to give it to them. It also teaches them to do it too!- Hjvgar

No comments: